Pages

A Gift of Love Fan Page

Sunday, April 28, 2013

X, Y, Z is for The End



It's over.

Fini.

Done.

The 2013 A-Z Writing Challenge has come to The End.

As a lover of quotations, writer of memoir, and innovative woman who celebrates endings because, for me, all endings herald new beginnings, in honor of the 2013 A-Z Writing Challenge, today I share my personal The End quotations--things said to me at one time or another that marked The End and helped make me the person I am and the better person I continue to be. I hope you enjoy reading them as much as I enjoyed remembering and sharing them:

"It's me; it's not you."--A lover

"You're fired!"--An ex-boss

"I'm ready to move on and I want you to move out."--Boater Bob

"What a kicker, we don't have a choice."--Edward Louis Sclier

"Give up writing, and you can be my girlfriend."--Boater Bob

 "This is a one time offer. You must sign on the dotted line now."--Car Salesperson

"Get out of my way."--Something I tell myself every day.



Writing Tip:

Break structure. Look for the underbelly. Don't be afraid to do it your way.

Writing Quote:

"All of literature is gossip."--Truman Capote




See you in print,

Linda Della Donna
"...And sometime when I wasn't looking, I got a new life."

2 comments:

Juliet Bond said...

Just discovering your blog for the first time as I make my way through the A-Z Challenge. Please check us out and sign up to follow if you like what you see. Juliet atCity Muse Country Muse

Wayne Assiratti said...

Hey there. I have put a link to your blog on my post for Z on the A - Z Challenge which is for today. My son Rocco is picking a number on the linky list at random and I post the link for each day. Hope you don't mind.

That last writing tip is a good one!
Cheers,

W.