Pages

A Gift of Love Fan Page

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Q is for Quotations




Quotations inspire me.

In light of recent tragic events in Boston, today I am thinking about words of lovingkindness. Here are quotes about that. I hope you enjoy reading them as much as I enjoy sharing them.

See you in print,

Linda Della Donna
"Come journal with me; your book is yet to be."

"By practicing meditation, we establish love, compassion, sympathetic joy and equanimity as our home."--Sharon Salzberg

"Don't ask me to be kind.
This is not how I feel.
This is stupid."--Jack Kornfield

"May you be well, may you be happy, may you be at peace, may you be at ease, may you be healthy."--Marguerite Manteau-Rao

"The perfection of loving-kindness is the wish to provide for the welfare and happiness of the world, accompanied by compassion and skillful means; literally it means benevolence..."--Parami Practice Program

"So with a boundless heart
Should one cherish all living beings:
Radiating kindness over the entire world."--Blue Buddah Quote

"When loving-kindness practice matures, it naturally overflows into compassion, as one empathizes with other people's difficulties; on the other hand one needs to be wary of pity, as its near enemy, as it merely mimics the quality of concern without empathy. The positive expression of empathy is an appreciation of other people's good qualities or good fortune, or appreciative joy, rather than feelings of jealousy towards them."-Venerable Pannyavaro

The highest wisdom is loving kindness."--The Talmud

6 comments:

Jessica Peterson said...

I love quotations too! When you stumble upon a good one, for me, it's always exciting! I have things from years ago that I found inspiring. So many people just have such wonderful things to say.

Great post of loving kindness. :) Have fun with a-z.

Anne Mackle said...

Love your quotes.I did quotations for my Q too,but I asked for them from my blogging buddies.

Is Anyone There

Arlee Bird said...

I like quotes but I can never remember them. Hope you're going to catch up!

Lee
An A to Z Co-Host
Tossing It Out

LindaDellaDonna said...

Thank you, Jessica for stopping by.

LindaDellaDonna said...

Love quotes, Anne. Thanks for stopping by. Have fun with A-Z.

LindaDellaDonna said...

Hi Arlee,

I write my quotes down. I have several folders filled with scraps of paper. And every book I read is highlighted with favorite passages for those "stormy" nights alone.