Pages

A Gift of Love Fan Page

Friday, April 5, 2013

E is for Ed

Edward Louis Sclier - 1939-2004



Once upon a time, I lived a different life. I was a married woman. I had a husband. I was a wife. On hotel registers, I signed my name Mrs. Edward Sclier.

Ed was not rich. He was not famous. He never ran for, nor held public office. He was not a celebrity. Ed was just an ordinary man, who loved an ordinary woman, me, in an extraordinary way.

Since I am all about quotes and collecting them, today, in honor of Ed and the 2013 A-Z Writing Challenge, I share words my dear departed husband, Ed, said to me, in my once-upon-a-time life, when he was my husband and I was his wife.


"Pay no attention to my sister, Judy. My sister, Judy, is crazy."

"What a kicker. We don't have a choice."

"Linda please."

"Let people say what they want. Remain above the fray."

"Where would you like to go today, Linda. What would you like to do?"

"You will always have me, Linda. I will always be here for you. You have only to speak my name. Always remember that."

"Somebody should."


No comments: