Pages

A Gift of Love Fan Page

Thursday, April 4, 2013

D is for Dare






"Do Books save lives? At best, they can.
The truth may be too late, but it's better than no truth at all."
--Paul Monette


Set a clock timer for fifteen minutes, open your journal, pick up your fastest writing pen, and write something.

Go ahead.

I dare you.

See you in print,


Linda Della Donna
"Come journal with me; your book is yet to be."


Writing Quote:

"A writer's problem does not change. He lives in changes but his problem remains the same. It is always how to write truly and, having found what is true, to project it in such a way that it becomes a part of the experience of the person who reads it."--Ernest Hemingway

Writing Tip:

"Write about the childhood pain or trauma from your adult standpoint. Journal it. Get it out. It may or may not find its way into your published work, but that isn't really the issue. Physical and emotional healing is the issue. Healing as a person, and healing as a writer."--Kristi Holl

2 comments:

Jarm Del Boccio said...

I found healing in sharing my childhood experiences after my almost 100 year old mother died. You are right, Linda...just get out there and write!! Happy A to Z...enjoy the Challenge!


MakingtheWriteConnections

Ros said...

My mother said I should write a Star Trek book, since I knew so much about the programme, but I said I couldn't...I didn't know enough physics jargon...but the truth was, I was just plain scared.

Then I met a friend who encouraged me, so I dared...

See you in print later this year! loved the A-Z post (and hope you can stop by my blog)

GenWestUK