Pages

A Gift of Love Fan Page

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

B is for Books



It is Day 2 of the 2013 A-Z Writing Challenge. And today I feel like sharing quotations about, what else?--Books.

I hope you enjoy reading them as much as I have enjoyed scrounging for them and sharing them. I hope they encourage and inspire you to pick up a pen and scribble a Book of your own.

See you in print,

Linda Della Donna
"Come journal with me; your book is yet to be."


"A book must be an axe for the frozen sea inside of us."--Franz Kafka

"Books are standing counselors and preachers, always at hand, butdisinterested; having this advantage over oral instructors, that they're ready to repeat their lesson as often as we please."--Talbot Wilson Chambers

"All that mankind has done, thought or been: it is lying as in magic preservation in theh pages of books."--Thomas Carlyle

"Some books are to be tasted, others to be swallowed, and some few to be chewed and digested."--Francis Bacon

"A good book is the precious life-blood of a master spirit, bmbalmed and treasured up on purpose to a life beyond life."--Joyhn Milton

"There is no such thing as a moral or an immoral book. Books are well written, or badly written. That is all."--Oscar Wilde

"I always start a book for money. If you've been arried five times you have to."--Normal Mailer

"Books without the knowledge of life are useless; for what should books teach but the art of living."--Samuel Jackson

"People seldom read a book which is given to them. The way to spread a work is to sell it at a low price."--Samuel Johnson

"All books are divisible into two classes, the books of the hour and the books of all time."--John Ruskin

"A book is like a garden carried in the pocket."--Arabian Proverb

"For several days after my book was published I carried it about in my pocket, and took surreptitious peeps at it to make sure that the ink had not faded."-- J. M. Barrie


Photo compliments of fb friend

2 comments:

Ornery's Wife said...

I love books. Reading them, at least. I have not ever tried writing one, although I have contemplated it a time or ten. :)

Happy "B" Day!
tm

Crystal Collier said...

See, that's what my digital library looks like. So may pretties... When I'm a billionaire writer, I'm going to have a room with 20 foot ceilings and books from floor to roof. (Like in Beauty and the Beast.) That's right. See, there's a dream worth striving for, right?