Pages

A Gift of Love Fan Page

Monday, March 18, 2013

Quotations for the Kitchen, "Yum Yum Yum!"

Chicken cutlets in olive oil.

Dear Diary,

I love a kitchen. I wish my kitchen were bigger.

I love preparing meals for hungry guests. I wish more friends would drop by unexpectedly.

In addition to collecting quotations, reading, writing, and loving grandchildren, I love to cook, bake, boil, simmer, and saute'. I love teaching beloved grandkiddies a delicious act of lovingkindness.

Just give this writer an apron, wooden spoon, large mixing bowl, fry, broiler or cake pan and all my cookbooks filled with favorite saved recipes, and I am happy as a loaf of fresh baked Challah bread. At least until the eggs, milk, butter and vanilla last.

Today I share quotes about food, kitchens, friends and serving guests special treats. I hope you enjoy reading them as much as I have enjoyed collecting and sharing them.

Until this time next time, see you in print.

Linda Della Donna
"...And sometime when I wasn't looking, I got a new life."



"To invite a person into your house is to take charge of his  happiness for as long as he is under your roof."--A. Brillat-Savarin

"You two can be what you like, but since I am the big fromage in this family, I prefer to think of myself as the Gorgon Zola."--Ogden Nash

"Many's the long night I've dreamed of cheese--toasted mostly."--Robert Louis Stevenson

"Things that haven't been done before, those are the things to try; Columbus dreamed of an unknown shore at the rim of the far-flung sky."--Edgar Guest

"April in New England is like first love."--Gladys Tabor

"It breathes reassurance, it offers consolation; after a weary day it promotes sociability...There is nothing like a bowl of hot soup..."--The Soup Book, Louis DeGouy

"Chance is perhaps the pseudonym of God when He did not want to sign."--Anatole France

"Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares."--New Testament

"The night shall be filled with music
And the cares that infest the day
Shall fold their tents like the Arabs,
And as silently steal away."--Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

"I must go down to the seas again, to the lonely sea and the sky,
And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by..."--J. Masefield

"'It's broccoli, dear.'
'I say it's spinach, and
I say the hell with it.'"--E. B. White

"Happiness grows at our own firesides, and is not to be picked in strangers' gardens."--Douglas Terrold


Writing Quote:

"Writing stopped being fun when I discovered the difference between good writing and bad, and even more terrifying the difference between it and true art. And after that, the whip came down."--Truman Capote

Writing Tip:

Take time to choose your writing tool. I prefer the gel pens. I like that they glide swiftly across the page and can keep up with my fast moving hand.

No comments: