Pages

A Gift of Love Fan Page

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Happy Wednesday - It's National Poetry Day!




Today is Wednesday, March 6, 2013, National Poetry Day!

Not really, because I just made it up. But now that I got your attention, I am posting a poem in honor of today.

I hope you enjoy reading it as much as I have enjoyed sharing it.


Ooly Pop a Cow

David Huddle
for bess and Molly


My brother Charles
brought home the news
the kids were saying
take a flying leap
and eat me raw
and be bop a lula..

Forty Miles he rode
the bus there and back.
The dog and I met him 
at the door, panting 
for hoke oke, hoke
de waddy waddy hoke poke.

In Cu Chi, Vietnam,
I heard tapes somebody's 
sister sent of wild thing, I think I love you
and hey now, what's that
sound, everybody look what's. . .

Now it's my daughters
bringing home no-duh,
rock out, whatever,
like I totally 
paused, and like
I'm like. . .

I'm like Mother, her hands
in biscuit dough,
her ears turning red
from ain' nothin butta,
blue monday, and 
tutti frutti, aw rooty!



Writing Tip:

Follow your passion. It is never too late to express yourself.

Writing Quote:

"A poet looks at the world as a man looks at a woman."--Wallace Stevens

3 comments:

Cerebrations.biz said...

From PlayDoh to real dough,
We all have to know,
That poetry and all the arts,
Are necessary for our smarts,
So, let's stop the cuts,
No ands, ifs, or buts,
And, help propel our young'uns,
To become our next titans.

Anne Mackle said...

Hi,great poem,stopping by from the A-Z Challenge.

LindaDellaDonna said...

Hello, Ann. Thank you for stopping by BookOrBust. Thank you for leaving a comment. Best wishes, always.
See you in print,
Linda Della Donna