Pages

A Gift of Love Fan Page

Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Tuesday in February





In between working on a manuscript, combing markets for writing work, snapping photos and researching self-publishing, I do writing practice. For fifteen minutes, every day, I sit with pen and paper and scribble words on paper.

usually, I start with a quote. I love quotes. And I like to collect them and post them on my facebook page for all my friends to read. Sometimes, I subtract a headline from The New York Times, or maybe steal words spoken by a character from a favorite t.v. program. 

I like to think of writing practice as the grease on the itsy-bitsy wheel in my pea-sized brain. Helping to clear my thoughts to get my words on paper. 

Today I heard on Channel 2 News that the month of February is dedicated to love, lovers and relationships. As I sit and type in a favorite Starbucks, I cannot help but notice the many latte'-sipping couples smiling broadly and gazing romantically into each other's eyes. 

For February, and the sea of smiling faces surrounding me this frosty winter day, I offer a jumble of favorite relationship quotations. I hope you enjoy reading them as much as I have enjoyed collecting and recording them and that they spur you on to pick up a pen, open a spiral bound notebook, set a clock timer for ten, and write something.

See you in print,

Linda Della Donna
"Come journal with me, your book is yet to be."

"A stranger stabs you in the front; a friend stabs you in the back; a boyfriend stabs you in the heart, but best friends only poke each other with straws."--Unknown

"Because once upon a time, were best friends. And, yes, there's been a lot of bad stuff in between. But none of that matters right now, okay? You need me, I'm there. Any time, any place, anywhere."--Dawsons' Creek


"I have the kind of friends where if my house was burning down, they'd be roasting marshmallows and hitting on the firemen."--R

"The only people that you  need in your life are the ones who prove that they need you in theirs."--A good friend of mine

"I've learned that you cannot make someone love you. All you can do is be someone who can be loved. The rest is up to them. I've learned that no matter how much I care, some people just don't care back. And it's not the end of the world."--Anonymous

"It hurts so much when a friend walks away. Even more when it's a best friend. But what hurts the most ...is when you  have no idea why they left." --boardofwisdom.com

No comments: