Pages

A Gift of Love Fan Page

Sunday, February 17, 2013

Happy Sunday, Working at Nothing

This photo is a picture of my favorite grand boy, H. It has nothing to do with today's post. But, I am posting it anyway. Because it's my blog, and I can do that. That's why.


Today is Sunday Special. Sunday Special is my official day of rest. It is my day special when I work at recharging my personal batteries.

Never mind planet sun is shining brightly and a snowy slope on Butternut Mountain skies the landscape of my brain, my duty today is to honor my writing commitment and do my Sunday Special thing--read, slow walk, no talk, sit in silence, meditate, perhaps sip cup of black coffee, no cream, no sugar, in Starbucks or local library--all the while scribbling on paper napkins, inside a spiral notebook, or making an entry at my favorite BookOrBust blog.

In keeping with my Sunday Special tradition, I share a few quotations. I hope you enjoy reading them as much as I have enjoyed collecting and sharing them. I hope they inspire you to perhaps pick up a pen and write something. I hope they cause you to sit and reflect, perhaps put a smile on your face, or simply think.

Happy Sunday Special.

See you in print,

Linda Della Donna


"We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give."--Winston Churchill

"Question with boldness even the existence of a god; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the  homage of reason, than that of blindfolded fear."--Thomas Jefferson

"Believe nothing, no matter where you read it or who has said it, not even if i have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense."--Budda

"People are going to have opinions about you all day long, but the only one that matters is your own."--Fatherless Daughter

"Every time you are able to find humor in some difficult situation, you win."--Avinash Wandre

"If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader."--John Quincy Adams

"The one who follows the crowd will usually get no further than the crowd. The one who walks alone, is likely to find himself in places no one has ever been."--Albert Einstein

"No one can make you do what you don't want to do."--Frank Serpico

"Stay on the path. It's not your concern."--From the movie, "The Book of Eli."

"You can put a tux on a goat, but it's still a goat."--A line from 2 1/2 Men

"Traveling and writing are the same thing."--Lorena' Villalonga



Writing Tip: Make time for yourself.

Writing Quote: "Literature is an occupation in which you have to keep proving your talent to people who have none."--Jules Renard



No comments: