Pages

A Gift of Love Fan Page

Monday, November 5, 2012

Super Storm Sandy - Aftermath, Day I Don't Remember


A sign of the times. Here in Westchester County, New York and throughout the state, there is a gas shortage.


 


This is the back of the gas line. It extends down North Broadway past Red Cross to the overpass into White Plains and continues around the corner to Hamilton Avenue, past Church Street.


 


Same gas line. This one shows cars waiting on Hamilton Avenue. You can't see the gas station from this corner. But it is there. It is is three long blocks ahead. Just follow the red brake lights.



 
Week Two:
Monday, November 5, 2012, 8:36 p.m.

Thanks to Super Storm Sandy, there are 75,000 people still without power in Westchester County. Across the Tappan Zee Bridge, in Rockland County, 18,000 more people are without power. There are gas shortages. Today I spent half my day driving around searching for gas. I drove North Broadway, Central Avenue and a few side streets in between. I was about to give up, when I decided to make a visit to the cemetery. I got lucky. I turned off the Bronx River Parkway onto Virginia Road and at the corner of Hillside Avenue, I spotted the Shell Station was open. It had gas! I got on line and filled Big Blue's tank. Big Blue is my car. Gas was selling at $4.39 a gallon.

For many, there is no gas; no electricity; no heat; no hot water.

Tomorrow is election day. Tonight it is 35 degrees.

A Nor'easter is predicted Wednesday, or Thursday bringing high winds and rain. Weatherman predicts a northeast wind with gusts of 60 mph.

I'll be back.

Until this time next time. See you in print,

 Linda Della Donna



Linda Della Donna is a freelance writer and photographer. Feel free to check out her other blog at www.Griefcase.net

No comments: