Pages

A Gift of Love Fan Page

Thursday, October 4, 2012

Thursday's Writing Quotes


"In every man's writings, the character of the writer must lie recorded." - Thomas Carlyle


"A serious writer is not to be confused with a solemn writer. A serious writer may be a hawk or a buzzard or even a popinjay, but a solemn writer is always a bloody owl." - Ernest Hemingway


"I think of a writer as a river: you reflect what passes before you." - Natalia Ginzburg


"To write well is to think well, to feel well, and to render well; it is to possess at once an intellect, soul, and taste." - George Louis Buffon


"The only happy author in this world is he who is below the care of reputation" - Washington Irving


"First sentences are doors to worlds." - Ursula K. Le Guin




See you in print,

Linda Della Donna
founder
Griefcase

3 comments:

Cheri said...

". . . doors to worlds"--that one is especially nice. And especially true. Thanks for sharing.

Susan Deborah said...

Linda, I must confess that I haven't come here before. Now, I promise myself that I should be frequent otherwise I will be missing out something.

I loved the way you signed off.

Thanks for the cherry-picked quotes. They are just wonderful esp the first sentence one.

Joy always,
Susan

LindaDellaDonna said...

Thank you Cheri and Susan for stopping by and reading BookOrBust. Quotations are a favorite pastime of mine - I read them, collect them and love sharing them.

See you in print:)