Pages

A Gift of Love Fan Page

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Desperately Seeking Silence

It is Tuesday. It is the morning after another sleepless night since construction began on the road out front of my apartment complex. Hate construction.

Think CLANK CLINK BEEP BEEP BEEP BOOM BOOM BAM BAM BONG BONK.

Think dishes rattling in cupboards and rolling off tabletops.

Think it all night, and all day.

At this time, I am tired to the bone. I will be glad when the madness of a five-lane road less than 100 yards from my driveway is completed. Maybe then I can get a good night's sleep and a little writing done.

Until then, here's a few thousand words.







2 comments:

Peace... Begins at Home said...

Oh Donna, I feel for you. This construction will take forever! You may need to get a motel room every now and then; just to maintain your sanity. But... KEEP WRITING, KEEP WRITING, KEEP WRITING! Best, ~Debra

LindaDellaDonna said...

Dear Debra,

What an encouraging comment. Thank you! I just may take your advice.

xxoo:)Linda Della Donna