Pages

A Gift of Love Fan Page

Saturday, September 22, 2012

My Camera Gets Around

One of the things I like about writing BookOrBust is that it allows me a break time from writing Griefcase.

Griefcase is a site I founded for individuals going through the grief process.

I am a widow. And when you lose a loved one, grief is that huge elephant in the room that requires constant care. Because losing a loved one is like losing a limb, a widow may learn to walk again, but to the trained eye, there is always a slight limp.

For this widowed writer, writing my book, A Gift of Love, A Widow's Memoir, and chronicling my writer's journey, I discovered a distinct passion for words on paper, words on computer screen and photography.

The ability to express myself through words and photos has given me unending freedom and leave from dwelling on sadness.

It is welcome respite and fuel for doing what I love most - writing BookOrBust.

Other than that, it's a Saturday. Soon as I hit send, I am out the door. I need a newspaper, my morning cup of coffee, to meet my breakfast companion and of course, to scribble a few notes and snap a few photos.

Today I share photos from my past week's photo shoot.

I hope you enjoy viewing them as much as I enjoyed snapping them.








As you can see, my camera gets around.

Thanks for reading. Thanks for stopping by.

See you in print,

Linda


I leave you with Today's Inspirational Quote:

"Nought from the Greeks towards me hath sped well.
So now I find that ancient proverb true,
Foes' gifts are no gifts: profit bring they none." --Sophocles (496 - 406 BC), in Ajax


Today's Writing Tip:

When working on a project, be sure to give yourself permission to take a break. Do something fun. Then get back to your important task.  

No comments: