Pages

A Gift of Love Fan Page

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

The Doors



"When one door closes, a window opens...or something like that...maybe."


It is a new day. Outside my window there is a cloudless sky. The dog days of summer are fading fast. Last night I slept without the drone of an air conditioner. It felt good to have silence and to feel a soft breeze ruffle a window curtain. I live in an apartment and a soft summer breeze is a memory to be cherished.

Lately I have been snapping photos of doors thinking the expression when one door closes, yadda yadda yadda. Today I share a few of my favorite door photos. Hope you enjoy viewing them as much as I enjoyed shooting them.

See you in print,

Linda Della Donna

Writing Tip:

Carry a journal. Sleep with one by your beside. Write down your ideas, clip images and paste them inside; write down any observations as soon as possible after they come to you. Don't let anything slip through the cracks of your memory.

Writing Quote:


"Traveling and writing are the same thing."--Lorena' Villalonga


This is the door of Applebee's located on Mamaroneck Avenue near where I live. If you look closely, you can see my reflection.






This is a picture of The Doors - The Band, compliments of Wikipedia. Sorry, just couldn't resist.






No comments: