Pages

A Gift of Love Fan Page

Friday, August 31, 2012

Finale Friday - Yippee!


"Stories are medicine...They have such power; they do not require that we do, be, act anything--we need only listen. The remedies for repair or reclamation of any lost psychic drive are contained in stories."--Clarissa Pinkola Estes, Ph.D.


Thank God It's Friday!

I am winding down from a week of playing with the grand kids, working at staying' alive, snapping photos and remembering all the happy things I did this merry month of August.

Here are a few photos I dug out the folder marked August 2012.

Hope you enjoy viewing them as much as I have enjoyed snapping them.




This is Grand Son, H. That's the Farmer's Market in the background. This is a Wednesday and It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood.

Temperatures soared to 98 degrees this August day. What better way to cool the kids, then fill a pool with agua and plop them in it.

When mom and dad are away, the kiddies will play. Here are H and Z creating a crayon memory.

Remember that photo, "Progress?" Well, I'm meeting hardhats and snapping photos of their progress.

On this August evening marking another finale, I got a glimpse of Prince Harry. 

As the month of August rolled on, along the way, I made a new friend...

I fondled a corn snake...

Stopped for a cup of coffee...

Nah, I didn't celebrate Christmas. I'm just checking to see if you're paying attention. It's my blog, remember? I can do that...

I soared like an eagle...

Saw a dynamite movie...

I discovered a leader...

Sipped a glass of wine...

And I even got to see a spinning ferris wheel...


As the month of August draws to a close, I now click my heels, and repeat the golden refrain made famous by that braided kid from Kansas, There's no place like home...There's no place like home...


That's it. That's all she snapped.

See you in print,

Linda Della Donna
founder and director
Griefcase.net

Writing Tip:

No matter how good your title is, there is a 50 percent chance whoever publishes your work they will want to change it.

Writing Quote:

"Each time I write a book, every time I face that yellow pad, the challenge is so great. I have written eleven books, but each time I think, 'Uh, oh, they're going to find out now. I've run a game on everybody and they're going to find me out.'"--Maya Angelou



2 comments:

Cerebrations.biz said...

Loved the photo tour from Tinseltown to real tinsel. What a prince of a journey!

LindaDellaDonna said...

Love your comments dear Friend. You need to know how good it is to read them. Thank you for being my friend.

:)L