Pages

A Gift of Love Fan Page

Monday, July 16, 2012

Happiness is a Quotation







I *heart* quotes.

I clip them; I save them. I hunt them down like a rabid dog.

I treasure quotes.

Whenever I read a book, magazine, newspaper, or milk carton, a yellow magic marker is gripped tightly in one hand. I like to highlight words that seemingly jump out at me, if only in my mind.

Sometimes I am inspired to write my own quote.

Quotes inspire me; motivate me, and encourage me. They enlighten me in my darkest moments; They sharpen my focus when I get too cocky for my own good, and they prod me forward when I think I just can't take writing one more letter of the alphabet.

Today I share a few of my favorite quotes.

I hope you enjoy reading them as much as I enjoyed remembering them.


...On life:

"Life isn't about finding yourself, it's about creating yourself."
--George Bernard Shaw


...On friendship:

"It's not about somewhere over the rainbow. It's more about the Yellow Brick Road, the people we meet, and the friends we make along the way."
--from her book, "A Gift of Love, A Widow's Memoir," by Linda Della Donna


...On love:

"No one is a friend to a friend who does not love in return."
--Plato


...On fear:

"Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence and courage. If you want to conquer fear, do not sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy."
--Dale Carnegie


...On writing:

"You fail only if you stop writing."
--Ray Bradbury


See you in print,

Linda Della Donna
"...And sometime when I wasn't looking, I got a new life."

2 comments:

Martha J. M. Orlando said...

I enjoyed reading these quotes, Linda. And, I agree, that quotes can be great inspirational motivators. Thanks for sharing!
Blessings!

Jeremy Bates said...

A couple of my faves are:

1. "The best revenge is massive success" - Frank Sinatra

2. "You're only as old as you think you are." - Satchel Paige.