Pages

A Gift of Love Fan Page

Monday, June 25, 2012

Favorite Writing Quotes






I love quotes! Quotes are the way to my heart.

I love to write them, read them, save them, collect them, and I love to share them.

Today, I share quotes on inspiration...just a few.



"But the greatest thing about my art is this, that it can test in every way whether the mind...is bringing forth a mere image, an imposture, or a real and genuine offspring."--Plato



"Don't ask who's influenced me. A lion is made up of the lambs he's digested, and I've been reading all my life."--Giorgos Seferia



"The best thing you can do as an artist is disturb."--Liza Minnelli



"What is art? Nature concentrated."--Honore' de Balzac



"Literature is my utopia. Here I am not disfranchised. No barrier of the senses shuts me out from the sweet, gracious discourse of my book-friends. They talk to me without embarrassment or awkwardness."--Helen Keller



"If you see magic in a fairy tale, you can face the future."--Danielle Steele



Writing Tip:

If you are like me, and write first drafts in long hand...find yourself a pen that suits you. It should fit like skin, glide swiftly across the page. It should not drag, skip, or bleed. I love my red fountain pen. I splurged and purchased a fine one as a birthday gift from me to me. But mostly, I write with a Pilot 07.

Here's to a great writing day.

What are you waiting for? Go!

Write like the wind.

See you in print,

Linda Della Donna
"Come journal with me. Your book is yet to be."



No comments: