Pages

A Gift of Love Fan Page

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Q is for Question

Compliments of the sprouts at flickr.com






Every writer's got at least one.

Including Linda.

They run the gambit, like the alphabet, from A to Z.

Things like where is my voice? As if it is hanging out the house somewhere waiting to be summoned.

Yesterday, I blogged my favorite poem, as in P is for Poem. It prompted a query from a loyal reader, and dedicated writer.

Ellya writes:

Hi Linda, 

I love poem and I love writing in English the problem is I am Indonesian and English is not my first language. As you can see in my blog I am struggling expressing my feeling and sentences. What is the best and quickest way to write properly in English ? Thank you so much ! 

Ellya

Hi Ellya,

My humble response is this:

Write. Write. Write.

Write what is in your heart.

Do not concern yourself with translation, or writing in a different language. Leave that to translators. If a reader does not understand your words, it is her/his duty to learn why, or why not. Writing poetry requires deepest thoughts to percolate. And comes from the heart.

Writing Tip:

It is all inside you. Keep writing. Your time will come.

Writing Quote:

"This above all: to thine ownself be true."--Shakespeare, from his play, "Hamlet," Act I, Scene III.


Writing Poem: 
Author Unknown

Eat dirt.
And bark at the moon.

Until this time next time.

See you in print,

Linda Della Donna
Freelance Writer

For more information on Della Donna and the work she does, feel free to email her or opt-in for a copy of her free ebook, Treasury of Quotations, at Griefcase.

3 comments:

Word Crafter said...

Very intriguing Question girl.
I told a kid once that I had a question for him, he said back to me I have some answer's, lets see if they match.
Your post is very concise and brilliant.
Billie

T. Forehand said...

love the post, and your blog is full of fun and useful information.

Marge said...

Great post and help to Ellya. We all should write what is in our heart. That's when we write the best.