Pages

A Gift of Love Fan Page

Monday, April 16, 2012

N is for Neglect


I wrote my book. I fulfilled my promise. But in the process, I put off seeing my dentist and a few other things, like taking time to water the philodendron hanging in my kitchen. Now I got a toothache, and a half-dead houseplant. Had I acted proactively, today I would not be scrambling to make a dentist appointment, or picking brown leaves off an ivy.

Writing Tip: 

Do not neglect yourself for the sake of your art. Remember, maintain your personal health, heart, eyes, and teeth. Remember friends. Because relationships are important, too. And oh yeah, don't forget to feed the cat and clean his litter box. Never neglect that one. It is okay to schedule medical appointments along with your writing dates. You can even pencil in your daily to-do list.

Writing Quote:

"The name of the game is taking care of yourself, because you're going to live long enough to wish you had."--Grace Mirabella


Until this time next time.

See you in print,

Linda Della Donna


Della Donna is a freelance writer. Contact her for her list of writing services.

4 comments:

Shah said...

Nice post...i really like it..Hope to grab more from your knowledge :)

Laura Marcella said...

Hello, Linda! Plus you can get some valuable writing done while waiting for those important appointments! Take care and happy writing! :)

Have a wonderful week and happy A to Z!!

Cerebrations.biz said...

Oh, the choices we make. The paths we take.
Make you ache be salved...

Kathleen Moulton said...

Good stuff! Thanks so much for sharing with us.

Kathy
http://kathleenmoulton.com