Pages

A Gift of Love Fan Page

Saturday, April 14, 2012

M is for Momentum

Photo courtesy of RustyMerin at Flickr.com

I go to a party. And, I am introduced as a writer. Before I know it, I got a circle of new friends. Each one telling me they got a great idea for a book. They tell me I should write their story.

Truth is dear reader, only you can write your story. Because only you know your story.

Writing a book takes talent, yes. It takes research, yes. It takes drive. It takes lash-your-butt-to-the-chair mentality and momentum to keep it there every hour of every day of every week, month, and yes year, until it is done.


Writing Tip:

In order to sustain momentum, you must declare it. Make your mantra I will write this sentence, this paragraph, this chapter--and, I will do it today. Then, do it.

Writing Quote:

"Visualize this thing you want. See it, feel it, believe in it. Make your mental blueprint and begin."--Robert Collier

Until this time next time.

See you in print,

Linda Della Donna

Opt-in at Griefcase for a copy of Della Donna's free ebook and monthly newsletter.

3 comments:

Martha J. M. Orlando said...

Yep! I write every day. You just have to be determined, inspired, and stick with it.
Great advice!

Arlee Bird said...

If it were a well paid gig then being a ghost writer might not be all that bad. But it would be my story in the sense that it might be someone else's idea but I would have written it and used my voice. It would be weird to see my story with someone else's name on it. It better be a very well paid writing gig.


Lee
A Faraway View
An A to Z Co-host blog

Ravenmyth said...

Great advice Linda...I loved the part where you said only we can write our own story...who better than the expert...and manifesting a book is a huge endeavour...my hat is off to all taleneted writers....well said!