Pages

A Gift of Love Fan Page

Sunday, April 1, 2012

A is for April, Aspiring Author, And All About...

Once upon a time, a teacher told me to write what I know.

I know a lot of things. I know about family, friends, and neighbors. I know about cats, kids, and cooking. I know about writing.

Most of all, I know about me.

A long time ago, I started a journal. I wrote in it every day, if only one word.

My name is Linda Della Donna. I am a writer, and aspiring author. I am a widow. I am a mother, and a DaDee, that is what my grand kids call me, I got two of them.

In honor of the 2012 April Blog Writing Challenge, I have decided to write


All About Me, 

From A-Z



I started writing at an early age. I scribbled with a chubby red crayon in my big sister's school books. This is a photo of me, age 4. It is June 9, 1952, my birthday. When I was not scribbling in big sister's school books, I was wishing for a horse. That look on my face is one of surprise. Because that is exactly what I was when the man marching a horse down a dead end street filled with raucous kids playing in it, announced my name. He carried a cowboy hat, plopped it on my head (I took it off), plunked me in the saddle, sang Happy Birthday Linda, and snapped this photo.


 Writing Tip:

Write what you know.

Writing Quote:

"If you're going to fulfill your writing dream, you  have to start."--Kristi Holl, from her book, "Writer's First Aid."


Until this time next time.

See you in print,

Linda Della Donna
"Come journal with me, your book is yet to be."



5 comments:

Word Crafter said...

Linda - I called you Donna on face book sorry, LOL but I loved your post and your picture. Write what you know is good advice as is write what you are passionate to know about.
Great job, I await more about you on this blog tour.
Billie at http://www.billiewiliams.com/blog I'm in the challenge at # 1164 LOL

Wendy H said...

Linda,

I am also participating in the A to Z Blog Challenge.

I enjoyed reading your post. I look forward to reading more. It is nice to meet you!

Have a great week!

Ola Jaggers said...

I love that picture.... love it!!! Thank you for sharing it with us!

I'm also participating in A to Z, I would love for you to stop by and visit, iluvtosave.net!

Nice to meet you.
~Ola

Mel said...

Linda~
As a college writing instructor, I couldn't agree with you or your former teacher more. Write what you know! Fantastic post. Looking forward to seeing what else you write :)

Kay said...

I enjoyed reading your post and I like your topic. I thought about writing about myself(it's what I know, after all!), but instead I'm writing about something I feel passionately about (and hopefully know something about).