Pages

A Gift of Love Fan Page

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

I is for Inspiration



I is for Inspiration, and what inspires me.




Writing Tip:

Photographs send a powerful message. They speak 1,000 words. Or, so I have read. In addition to small notebook, and fast writing pen, carry a camera everywhere you go. Pocket size is good. Mine slips nicely into my purse. Read about cameras online. There are many, simply Google your specific question; visit a camera store. I love visiting *hand-over-mouth* Buy to wander the aisles and touch the buttons. Learn what camera "fits" you. Think new pair of shoes. Don't be afraid to try it on. Then, be a good scout, carry extra batteries, and extra cameras. And, learn your genre', explore your niche. Discover what photos will support your message. And click, click, click. What are you waiting for? Snap to it!

Writing Quote:

"My grief was that I held onto everything: good experiences, I didn't want them to go; bad experiences, I clutched then in fear, armoring myself, not wanting them repeated; and then everything in between, small instances, moments, all passing, all fervently known and unknown, held, wanted, struggled with. Everything I loved, everything I didn't love. ...So many people I had loved. All gone. So many good times. Vanished--and held inside."--Natalie Goldberg, from her book, "Thunder and Lightning."

Until this time next time.

See you in print,

Linda Della Donna



Here are a few photos I snapped this past Saturday. I hope you enjoy viewing them, as much as I enjoyed snapping them.
















Della Donna is a freelance writer. Feel free to visit Griefcase to opt-in for her monthly newsletter to learn more about the writing services she offers and to receive a copy of her free ebook, Treasury of Quotations.


8 comments:

Ranadive said...

Nice Post .. please take a look into my blog www.momentsinpixels.com

Ranadive said...

Good Post here !

Kathie Hitt said...

Now I'm inspired to carry my camera! :) Thank you for sharing!

sue berg said...

so right -- it seems that the one time (out of about every 1000) that I leave the house without the camera -- that is the day I would willingly kick myself if I could. Love that Natalie Goldberg quote. Haven't run across that book yet ...
The photos are great. For some reason the one of the black (stealth?) jet and its engine really resonates with me. Thanks for sharing your ideas and photos. :-)

brenda said...

How do you keep up with all your blogs? That's an inspiration in itself.

Cerebrations.biz said...

Glad to see you are back in America (having vacated that crazy place down South...)
And, I loved the top photo best of all.

Word Crafter said...

Oh I'm inspired Linda - great pics - you are quite the photographer. and as they say a picture is worth a thousand words!
Billie

David Wagner said...

Love that first pic, especially. Good advice, to carry a pocket camera around. I snap mental pics all the time - it makes sense to take it to the next level, not sure why I've never really thought about it before.

Nice blog,

Dave the Goof