Pages

A Gift of Love Fan Page

Friday, April 6, 2012

F is for Facebook




I have a facebook page. Actually I got two facebook pages. I used to have three facebook pages. But, I gave one up. It was back in the early days of facebook. I was learning how to sign up. I forgot my password and created a new account. I did this more than once. I confess I am facebook challenged. One of these days I will figure it all out. Perhaps I will be able to combine two pages into one.

I love my facebook friends. I have more than 1,360 of them. Every day I post my same message, "It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood," with a favorite photo. On my facebook page, I share news about my writing--my book, blogposts, website, workshops and seminars I attend; writing clubs I belong to, writing coaches, teachers, and more.

If a facebook friend visits my facebook page and leaves a comment, I visit their facebook page back, and leave a comment. Then I look to "Scoop" a favorite facebook entry of theirs for my facebook wall. It is my way of paying back their hospitality, and maintaining our internet friendship. I wish to bring joy to all my facebook friends with a favorite quotation, funny joke, brainteaser, and interesting photo. I realize that every one of us has a hard row to hoe--my goal is to help turn an upside down smile right side up again, if only for a moment.

There is a lot of discussion about facebook. Some people love it. Some people hate it. Everyone has their own opinion. Everyone must choose their own way to utilize her/his own page. I respect that.

As for me,

It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood.

H, me, and Z - Thanksgiving 2010



Writing Tip:

Write in a way that comes naturally.

Writing Quote:

"I wasn't writing the book with my thumb stuck out, trying to hitchhike into history: I just wanted to write a book for my father that might also help someone going through a similar situation. Some people may have thought that this book was too personal, too confessional. But what these people think about me is none of my business. I got to write books about my father and my best friend, and they got to read them before they died. Can you imagine? I wrote for an audience of two whom I loved and respected, who loved and respected me. So I wrote for them as carefully and soulfully as I could--which is, needless to say, how I wish I could write all the time.


Until this time next time.

See you in print,

Linda Della Donna
"...Come journal with me, your book is yet to be."

Linda Della Donna is a freelance writer. Feel free to visit her website to opt-in to receive a copy of her free ebook, Treasury of Quotations, and her monthly newsletter to learn about the writing services she offers.

4 comments:

T. Forehand said...

Great blog and love the post. Glad to have you part of our group.

Warmly,
Terri
Author of THe Cancer Prayer Book

Cerebrations.biz said...

Your smiling face renders it a beautiful day in the neighborhood.
Have a wonderful Easter holiday. And, I love your balance beams...

Jolie du Pre said...

As an author, Facebook is essential. However, I make sure to not only promote but also communicate with my friends.

John said...

Great blog! Thanks for sharing! I think the danger of Facebook is the overshare...there are some things I just don't need to know. :)