Pages

A Gift of Love Fan Page

Friday, March 23, 2012

I've Got A Secret

Photo by Val.Pearl/Flickr.com
"A man's true secrets are more secret to himself than they are to others."--Paul Valery


 I've got a secret.

 I do writing practice. And, I do it every day.

Writing practice to a writer is what swatting fuzzy yellow balls over a tennis net is to a professional tennis player. Think Novak Djkovic, Rafael Nadal, and Roger Federer.

My secret is I belong to a Secret Writing Loop. 

A Secret Writing Loop is a group of people, some I have never met, on the internet. 

I write for ten minutes, sometimes longer, then hit send. 

The rules of my Secret Writing Loop are write for ten minutes. 

Write from the heart. 
Keep my hand moving. 
Do it for ten minutes. 
Then hit send.

In Writing Practice there is no good writing, no bad writing. Just writing. 

There is no commenting, no judging. Just reading, and listening. Think wooden wiggling head staring back at you in back of car in front of you when stopped at traffic light.

Writing Practice greases my mind's wheels. It helps me discover what is inside me and the things I want most to write about.

Some days I write longer than ten  minutes. Those times I must remind myself to stop, because I have other things to do, like put milk, bread, and eggs in the refrigerator, and go to the bathroom, and wash my face.

Some days I must push myself hard to get through just ten minutes of writing. Seems those times I am wanting to scrub the toilet bowl, walk the dog *I don't got a dog*, or floss my teeth. Anything not to do writing. 

It does not matter. Eventually the discipline of sitting butt in chair takes command and that is what helps to slow my brain and teaches me to get a job done--like writing a book!

There. My secret is out.

What about you, dear reader. 

Got secret?

Why not write it?

Go ahead. I dare you.

Until this time next time.

See you in print,

Linda Della Donna
Writer


Today's Writing Prompt:

I've got a secret...

Today's Writing Quote:


To write books is easy. It requires only pen and ink and the ever-patient
paper.


To print books is a little more difficult, because genius so often rejoices
in illegible handwriting.


To read books is more difficult still, because of the tendency to go to
sleep.


But the most difficult task of all that a mortal man can embark on is
to sell a book.
--Sir Stanley Unwain



1 comment:

Kathleen Moulton said...

Linda, I like your post! What a neat idea!

Kathy