Pages

A Gift of Love Fan Page

Saturday, March 3, 2012

Happy Saturday

 
 
 
"Everything that is created, begins in the mind."--Ruth Fishell



One of the things I like about me after I feel slighted or hurt by an action of an unsuspecting good-natured friend, is my ability to pick myself up, dust myself off, and face a new day refreshed and secure in the knowledge that I am being the best I can be. Of course, I do this after I have had ample time to retreat to the bathroom floor and wipe away a few tears.
 
It is the same thing with my writing. 
 
I am working at sending my manuscript to agents and publishers. Yes. I am rejected. Hate rejection. But, I credit myself with courage to stick my neck out. Again. Again. And again.
 
Though my ego may be bruised, I smile, pick up my favorite fast writing pen, and return to the blank page, er, computer screen.  Again. And again. And again.
 
That is it for today dear readers. That is all I got. I leave you with one writing quote for inspiration and one writing tip for perspiration.

Until this time next time.

See you in print,

Linda Della Donna
Writer

Writing Quote:

"The writers of today, even I, have a tendency to celebrate the destruction of the spirit and God knows it is destroyed often enough. It is the duty of the writer to lift up, to extend, to encourage."--John Steinbeck

Writing Tip:

When writing a press release, be sure to know your angle. There is a formula to preparing an eye-catching, stop-'em-in-their-tracks hook. Know your audience. Leave them asking for more.


No comments: