Pages

A Gift of Love Fan Page

Monday, February 20, 2012

Time for a Photo-Shoot









Got my camera back. I am grateful.

Time to do what I love to do--get out and snap a few photos.

While I'm out playing photographer and recording my day in digital form, why not fingerhug your pen and do a little writing practice.

Here are today's inspirational quotes:



"Perhaps of all the creations of man, language is the most astonishing."--Lytton Strachey

"First sentences are doors to worlds."--Ursula K. LeGuin

"Writing is the supreme solace."--Somerset Maugham

"What a heavy oar the pen is, and what a strong current ideas are to row in!"--D.H. Lawrence

"When the past is recaptured by the imagination, breath is put back into life."--Marguerite Duras

"Language is an instrument for the pursuit and control of meanings."--I. A. Richards.

"The only end of writing is to enable the reader better to enjoy life, or better to endure it."--Samuel Johnson



Writing Tip:

Sitting cross-legged, eyes half closed, or meditating, hands resting palm side up for 15 minutes or longer is a great way to start your writing day. The goal is to slow the mind, calm the brain and allow the mind's eye to see. Works for me.


Until this time next time.

See you in print,

Linda Della Donna
Writer

No comments: