Pages

A Gift of Love Fan Page

Sunday, February 26, 2012

Promises, Promises...Drum Roll, Please



"If I only had a little humility, I would be perfect."--Ted Turner



My book is done. I have a completed manuscript. My promise to my late husband is fulfilled.

Edward Louis Sclier died in my arms. It was our wedding anniversary. On his deathbed I promised Ed I would write a book. 

"I will write your story," I said. "I will let the whole world know just what you went through."

Ed's dying words, "Somebody should," haunt me, and for more than six years I tried to write Ed's story. 

Truly, I did. But with every attempt, I discovered I just couldn't get that man's story down on paper and do it justice. Finally, I gave up.

Yes, I wrote a book. But my book is more about me. 

It is a love story. 

It highlights the love my husband and I shared. We didn't have a good marriage. We had a great marriage. My book tells how we met; it tells about Ed, his character, how much he loved life, and his strong will to live. 

It tells about me, how much Ed loved me back, my grief journey, and the person I have become since standing over a hole in the earth with my dead husband in it.

My book is copyrighted. 

Next step?

Fingers crossed, publication. 

Until today, I have held back making this decision.

No more. Let the chips fall where they may. 

My words whispered in Ed's ears saying I will let the whole world know just what you went through, I promise, were last words Ed heard before he died. 

The time is here.

Dear Reader, wish me luck.


Until this time next time.

See you in print, 

Linda Della Donna
Writer



Writing Quote:

"Of all that is written, I love only what a person hath written with his blood."--Friedrich Nietzsche

Writing Tip:

Don't waste time on fear and worry. It only leads to disappointment and inaction.





No comments: