Pages

A Gift of Love Fan Page

Monday, February 20, 2012

Milk Duds to the Rescue, and All About Honesty




"It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood."--Mr. Rogers


Today I heard from a friend, someone I knew more than 35 years ago, and had lost touch with. He discovered my blog and decided to get in touch with me. Nice surprise.

And here I was thinking nobody reads my blog. I'm just saying.

I played with grand kids, H and Z, today. We spent time at an indoor sports center two towns away. After a short hiatus, I am back to sketching, outlining a book, and scribbling writing practice once again.

Here's Tuesday's Writing Quotes. Hope it gets your fingers moving.


"I quote others only the better to express myself."--Michel E. de Montaigne


"Nothing gives an author so much pleasure as to find his works respectfully quoted by other learned authors."--Benjamin Franklin

"Honesty for a writer is rather different from honesty for others. Honesty, outside literature, means not lying, establishing trust through honorable conduct, absolute reliability in personal and professional dealings. In writing, honesty implies something rather different: it implies the accurate, altogether truthful, reporting of feelings, for in literature only the truth is finally persuasive and persuasiveness is at the same the measure of truth. One might think this would be easy enough to do, but it isn't especially when one is under the added pressure of making both the feelings and the reporting of them keenly interesting."--Joseph Epstein

"Truth is often drowned in rhetoric."--B. Zawadzki



Gotta run. I'm outta Milk Duds.

Until this time next time.

See you in print,

Linda Della Donna
Writer

P.S. Thanks BC for brightening my day.






No comments: