Pages

A Gift of Love Fan Page

Sunday, January 22, 2012

The Villages I Don't Remember

Charming duo at Red Sauce. The lady ordered tea with honey.

Dear Diary,

Thursday night, or was it Friday night, I don't remember, I stopped in Red Sauce for a plate of veal piccata. Jason, the bartender, took my order.

Or, was it Josh?

I don't remember.

It could have been Scott who took my order.

Maybe.

I don't remember.

A handsome couple sat alongside me.

I remember the woman had yellow hair. I liked how it swayed. She had no split ends. I remember admiring her hair. I remember she had blue eyes and ordered tea with honey, and her Significant Other ordered a glass of wine.

Was it white or red?

I don't remember.

Do you see where I am going with this?

We got into a conversation, the good looking man and the pretty lady.

I snapped their photo promising to put them on my blog.

I remember the man handing me his card.

I remember him saying he is a hairdresser.

I remember him saying he will give me a trim.

I remember shaking his hand, shaking her hand.

I remember placing their cards with their personal information in my purse.

Side note: I had taken time off from blogging my writing journey through The Villages, needing to experience The Villages as a tourist, sans notebook and fast-writing pen.

BIG mistake!

As every writer knows, a writer writes. She simply cannot resist. There is no such thing as time off.

To the couple out there posed in the photo above, please write me, you got my card, let me know who you are...again! I promise to repost your photo with your contact information.

To the reading Villager viewing this blog, if you recognize the photogenic couple above, please leave a comment. I will respond.

And I promise, I will remember.

Writing Quote:

“The advantage of a bad memory is that one enjoys several times the same good things for the first time.”--Friedrich Nietzsche

Writing Tip:

I have said it before, and I will say it again. Carry a notebook everywhere you go. Carry a pen. Carry a camera. You never know when inspiration will tap you on the shoulder--in this case, sit alongside you while eating veal piccata.

Until this time next time.

See you in print,

Linda Della Donna

No comments: