Pages

A Gift of Love Fan Page

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

There's No Place Like Home...(Wherever That May Be)

"Come out, come out, wherever you are, and meet the young lady who fell from a star."--Glenda, the Witch of the North, in The Wizard of Oz


Dear Diary,

Well, it is time for me to end my golf cart journey through The Villages of Florida, a place I lovingly liken to Dorothy Gale's trip down the yellow brick road somewhere Over the Rainbow.

 It is and continues to be a wonderful experience, and a joy-filled memory I will not soon forget.

Dear readers, I want you to know that I have met many fine men and women from all parts of the world in The Villages. I have made good friends and hopefully, created lasting relationships.

I have danced in the moonlight at Lake Sumter, tapped my feet silly at Saddlebrook Recreation Center, line danced at Churchill Street, swam at Ashland, broke bread at Lake Point and Red Sauce, dunked French fries in ketchup at Johnny Rockets, sipped mocha latte' at an outdoor table at StarBucks,  and sneaked WiFi at Panera Bread.

I have done this and more.

And...

Always, I have been received by Friendly Happy Village People and greeted with warmest of welcomes and sincere smiles.

At this time, I wish to extend my public internet thank you to every individual who made and continues to make my stay pleasant and joyful.

To you, dear Villager, and you know who you are, from the bottom of  my heart--

Thank you.

As I click, click, click the heels of my little red slippers and skip off into a sunset beyond the protective bubble of The Villages and frolic off somewhere Over the Rainbow, please know I take with  me fondest memories, treasured stories, and tokens of love from Happy Happier Happiest people who fueled my writing passion and helped spread good tidings from the Friendliest Place on Earth.

Until this time next time.

See you in print,

Linda Della Donna

Writing Quote:

"I would dance and be merry, life would be a ding-a-derry if I only had a brain."--Scarecrow

Writing Tip:

Give yourself permission to follow your dream.

Bus Trip to Tampa, Florida took me to a wonderful center.

This is the bus.
Meet Donna, bus hostess. Great lady from Chicago.

I sneaked this photo inside the plush theater. It tells the story of the fantastic show I saw.
Watching the dismantling of the Christmas tree at Sumter Square, I felt a pang of sadness. It signaled the end of my trip.

I never tire of seeing these cute golf carts. Here's one that caught my eye.

Say goodnight Linda. Goodnight Linda.

No comments: