Pages

A Gift of Love Fan Page

Monday, January 16, 2012

Inspiration, Not Perspiration



There are days I have no idea what to write on my blog.

There are days I don't feel like doing writing practice.

But I do it.

Writing Practice requires I simply show up at the blank page, and write.

I remember to set my trusty clock timer and just write, write, write, write, write. 

Of course, I also wear my lucky writing shirt, pull out my trusted fast writing lucky pen, and sit in my lucky chair, on my luckier pillow. I'm just kidding.

Here are a few of my favorite writing quotes on inspiration:

"To keep writing talents strong and sharp, nourish the space where they came from...See fine art, hear soothing music, taste wonderful foods, touch fantastic texture or smell exotic aromas."--Joyce Locking

"What comes from the heart goes to the heart."--Samuel Taylor Coleridge

"Always dream and shoot higher than you know how to. Don't bother just to be better than your contemporaries or predecessors. Try to be better than yourself."--William Faulkner

"Efficiency of a practically flawless kind may be reached naturally in the struggle for bread. But there is something beyond a higher point, a subtle and unmistakable touch of love and pride beyond mere skill; almost an inspiration which gives to all work that finish which is almost art-which is art."--Joseph Conrad


Until this time next time.

See you in print,

Linda Della Donna

1 comment:

Jennifer Campaniolo said...

Hi Linda,

I like your choice of quotes. I even wrote a couple down in my day planner: the Locking and the Faulkner ones.

Keep writing, writing, writing!

Thanks,

Jennifer