Pages

A Gift of Love Fan Page

Saturday, January 7, 2012

Happy Saturday - On the Road Again

"...Just because you own half the county doesn't mean that you have the power to run the rest of us. For twenty-three years, I've been dying to tell you what I thought of you! And now... well, being a Christian woman, I can't say it!"--Auntie Em Gale to Almira Gulch


Dear Diary,

Today is Saturday, January 7, 2012. I have been traveling my yellow brick road for more than a month now, learning about The Villages, the Happy residents and making new friends.

Today, I travel to Tampa.

In the meantime, I post photos from yesterday.

Please bear with me in my sporadic posts and absence from BookOrBust, Facebook, and responding to emails and comments as the house I rented for month of January does not have WiFi, though the rental advertisement specifically stated it did. It is a Flying Monkey I must deal with. Mea culpa. I apologize.

As an on-line writer without internet connection, it is like taping my mouth shut, tying both hands behind my back and demanding I hold my breath.

Until this time next time.

See you in print,


Linda Della Donna

Writing Quote:
  
"As the builders say, the larger stones do not lie well without the lesser."--Plato

Writing Tip:

Where there is a will, there is a way. Write. Under all circumstances. Write.
It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood.
Churchill Street Recreation Center

Inside:  A pool room...

...Kitchen...

...Reception Desk

...Meeting Room

Walking the halls of Churchill Rec Center.

This is the pool at Churchill Street.

On my way to Walmart, imagine, I saw this black Angus cow. I couldn't resist stopping to say hello.

As you can see, he's got friends. Hard to believe there is all this farm land in Florida, and it is beautiful. Seeing the herds of cattle roaming freely gave me the feeling I was on a movie set.

The cows are friendly. Here they are coming to greet a small dog who also stopped to say hello.

Panera Bread.


No comments: