Pages

A Gift of Love Fan Page

Thursday, January 12, 2012

After The Holidays And All That Jazz

"Climb your way to the top. That's why the drapes are there."--The Cat


I wrote a line or two about how I spent my holidays in a snowless state. I mentioned I missed my cat, but I crossed it out. 

I decided it was crap. Like who cares about my black and white four-pawed fur child named Tux. 

I confess, I suffer from angst. 

According to Wikipedia, the definition of angst is "...Intense feeling of apprehension, anxiety or inner turmoil."

Here are my favorite quotes on angst:
"Every compulsion is put on writers to become safe, polite, obedient and sterile."--Sinclair Lewis

"Writing is easy. All you do is stare at a blank sheet of paper till drops of blood form on your forehead."--Gene Fowler

"A professional writer, by definition, is a person clothed in self-denial who each and almost every day will plead with eloquent lamentation that he has a brutal burden on his mind and soul, will summon deep reserves of discipline as seriatim antidotes to any domestic chore, and, drawing the long sad face of the pale poet, will rise above his dread of his dreaded working chamber, excuse himself from the idle crowd, go into his writing sanctum, shut the door, shoot the bolt, and in lonely sacrifice turn on the tube and watch the Mets game."--John McPhee

Until this time next time.

See you in print,

Linda Della Donna

Writing Tip:

Don't cross out. Don't delete. Don't backspace. Just write. You gotta write a lot of crap before you get to the good stuff. *I'm just saying.*


No comments: