Pages

A Gift of Love Fan Page

Monday, December 19, 2011

The Yellow Brick Road - Day 19

"It really was no miracle. What happened was just this..."--Dorothy


Dear Diary,

It is 19 days I am in Florida. This  morning after picking up the morning paper, I lay in bed listening to soft sounds of silence as sunshine sparkled closed white wooden window blinds.

There was no train whistle, no fire engine, and no busy city street noise to disturb my peace.


But, oh boy, dear diary, on this eve of eve of eve of whiteless Christmases, I confess, this writer sincerely misses New York.


Question important, does New York miss me?


Probably not.


I make a phone call and learn temperature back home is dipped to 19 degrees.

Outside my window, it's just another day in paradise.

When I mention my thoughts to my neighbor, C, she smiles and says I am where I am supposed to be at this particular time in my life.

Here are a few photos I snapped today. Hope you enjoy viewing them as much as I enjoyed snapping them.


Until this time next time. See you in print,


Linda Della Donna


The Daily Sun Vending Machine -- No mug today.

Another remembrance on park bench along the golf path on Buena Vista Boulevard.


Arnold Palmer Driving Range

Lunch is served.

Parking lot at driving range.

God bless retirement in The Villages.
Writing Quote:

"Life is lived in short stories; we live in moments."--Unknown

Writing Tip:

Find other writers whose work and goals are similar to yours. Then arrange to meet with them on a regular basis to offer each other moral support. This can also be done online.

No comments: