Pages

A Gift of Love Fan Page

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

WVLG Radio Interviews Author Linda Della Donna

Not really, but now that I got your attention...

Dear Diary,


It is Day 14 of my journey through The Villages in Lady Lake, Florida.

As I wind and weave along my fantasy yellow brick road past grassy fairways and molded streets, I continue to meet Happy Village people boasting why they like living here.


Today I drove Putt-Putt, Putt-Putt is my small white golf cart, to Saddlebrook Recreation Center. The oak tree lined golf cart path is like something out of Tara in "Gone With The Wind."

It is delicious, and with every roll of the wheel, I am glad all over, because this trip to tap class, yippee hooray, I didn't get lost!


Linda Bitterly teaches shuffle step tap, stomp flap flap step, ball change hop leap heel, and a whole lot more. I listen, I pay attention hard, and I work my feet. But it is honest effort to make my feet obey.

Class completed, I remove my tap shoes, don my ruby slippers and once more head out the door to Buena Vista Boulevard for trip south. I have no place to go, no particular person to go see, and I am alone. But here in The Villages, alone is a total different thing than alone back in NY.

In The Villages, alone means absolutely nothing. In The Villages, one doesn't have to look hard to make a  new friend. In The villages, there is always someone to play with somewhere.


Temperature reached 78 degrees this afternoon. Brilliant sun and heated swimming pool beckoned as I steered Putt-Putt back to XYZ Lane, changed into a bathing suit and well, the rest has to do with laps around a pool, making two new friends, then a short drive back to the place I lovingly refer to as home.

I am hunkered in for the night.


Not much else to tell.


Until this time next time. See you in print,


Linda Della Donna


Practicing the two-step early morning at Sumter Square.

The Villages has its own Radio Station, WVLG--640 AM.

Isn't this the cutest thing you ever did see?

Say goodnight Linda. Goodnight Linda.

3 comments:

Ric Mitchell said...

Hi Linda.......read your post and we just moved her from NY as well......what part of the Empire State did you come from?? We like it here a lot and I'm trying to establish a small side business similar to what I did in the Albany area as a mobile DJ.......just wanted to drop a line....

Ric Mitchell
Ricmitchell.com
Thegameshowman.com

Ric Mitchell said...

Hi Linda,
Just read your post and I notice you're here from NY....we just moved here from the Albany area and agree with a lot of what you said. I'm trying to start up a small business like I did in the Albany area....as a mobile DJ. We'll see.......best to you and happiness here!

Ric Mitchell
Ricmitchell.com
Thegameshowman.com

Linda Della Donna said...

Hello Ric,

Mea culpa. Just now noticed your comment. This is a bit late, but I am in the Westchester area. I'm happy you made it to The Villages and wish you every happiness.

Linda Della Donna-Sclier