Pages

A Gift of Love Fan Page

Thursday, December 29, 2011

The Villages - What I've Learned - Day 29

"Come out, come out, wherever you are, and meet the young lady who fell from a star."--Glenda, the Witch of the North


Dear Diary,

It is Day 29 of my adventures through The Villages. Temperature is 39 degrees.

Brrr!

On this chilly morning, before I slip into the kitchen to make cup of coffee and slice up other half of fresh grapefruit, I am thinking about the places I have been, people I have met, and things I have learned.

Here are a few photos. Hope you enjoy reading them as much as I have enjoyed snapping them.

Until this time next time.

See you in print,

Linda Della Donna


I've Learned, I'm never too old, ...to ask Santa for a present.
I've learned that a house is a house...

...And the rooms inside it...

may be beautiful as this...

and this...

...and they may have a sunny view as this...

... and large kitchen as this...

...But without good friends, and positive people as this...
...Happy strangers as this....

...smiling pooch as this...

...and friendship as this to light my way and...



...and watching a Happy couple making new memories as this...

...and making a few memories of my own...




....plus making myself laugh...

...and reading all signs...


...Nothing much matters. Here's to 2012. Hoping yours is all you want it to be. May your new year be filled with hope, happiness, health and friendship.  HAPPY NEW YEAR!


Writing Quote:

"A writer expresses himself in words that have been used before because they give his meaning better than he can give it himself, or because they are beautiful or witty, or because he expects them to touch a chord of association in his reader, or because he wishes to show that he is learned and well read."--Francis George Fowler

Writing Tip:

Open your calendar, and make an appointment with yourself to write. Call a friend to meet you to write. Set a time, and a place, say at 2 p.m. on Saturday. Tell your friend not to tell you if she/he can make it, or not. And show up. If your friend is there, fine. If not, write anyway.

No comments: