Pages

A Gift of Love Fan Page

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

The Villages - Day 6 -

"Lions, and tigers, and bears! Oh, my!"--Dorothy Gale, from the Wizard of Oz



It is a Tuesday, Day 6 of my journey along what I lovingly refer to as my yellow brick road into the place I liken to the Land of Oz.

If you dare to dream a dream, dear diary, I learn The Villages is the place to make it happen.

One of my dreams is to learn the game of golf.

I tell a friend. She tells two friends. And her two friends tell their two friends. And...

Before I know it, I got clubs, I got an outfit, I got someone to take me on a golf course when I am ready, and I got an army of friends encouraging me forward.

I have never played golf.

I think flying monkey thoughts: I can't, I am afraid, it's impossible; I got no clubs.

Can't, afraid, and impossible are words that have no meaning here in The Villages. No excuses.

It's been a wonderful day. And if a picture tells a thousand words, then here's 12,000.

Hope you enjoy reading them as much as I have enjoyed living them.

Until this time next time.

See you in print,

Linda Della Donna

My day begins with me admiring my new golf outfit. *At least I will look the part.* Happy Hanukkah to me!

This is the Arnold Palmer Legends Restaurant where my friend treated me to a wonderful lunch, drive around North end of The Villages, and loan of a set of woman's golf clubs. My friend wishes to remain anonymous. If you are reading this, Muchos gratias!

The Arnold Palmer Driving Range.


What a view!

Parking for the driving range.

I love these golf clubs! Thank you so very much dear friend.

Company for dinner this evening, I stop and pick up groceries. I pull my golf cart into a parking space and notice this adorable dog along side me. 

This evening I invited a friend, and did dinner for two--angel hair pasta with meat sauce, garlic bread, crisped buttery lettuce with balsamic vinaigrette. 

This is a golf cart. Imagine. They come in all shapes, colors, sizes, and are incredible sights. I just couldn't resist taking this photo!

Dinner is started.

Salad for Two.

That's cheese cake, NY Style, in the right corner, tonight's dessert.

Ahhh, the girlfriend thing. My best buddy, Gail. Thanks for keeping me company this evening.

No comments: