Pages

A Gift of Love Fan Page

Friday, December 2, 2011

The Villages, Day 2, Follow The Yellow Brick Road

"...And sometime when I wasn't looking, I got a new life."--Linda Della Donna

It is Friday, December 2, 2011, Day 2 of my stay in The Villages.

There is sunshine, blue sky and snow birds, that's people like me coming down to get in from out of the cold and staying until winter passes.

Each new day The Villages' population increases bringing more un-feathered friends. The place bubbles with activity and locating a rental, parking space, seat to eat in restaurant, cup of coffee, bagel, pedicure, manicure, tee-time, pickle ball time, tennis court, even a Ben and Jerry's ice cream cone becomes an event.


I rise at 7 a.m., don sweats and sneakers and head out the door for morning walk.

There is a clock in center of Sumter Square, less than 15 minutes on foot from my cozy home.

If you visit The Villages official website, and click on temperature in top right corner, it will take you to a live cam.

Click Spanish Springs under Lake Sumter photo and view other side of town.

Today I stand at base of clock and do the hi-how-are-you-thing to friends, acquaintances, and BookOrBust readers--YOU!

If anyone is interested, I'll be doing dance of joy every day, time permitting, 7:30 a.m. and 7:30 p.m. EST.

A little before 9 a.m., I pick up a visitor's pass at Visitor's Center. The sum of $50 entitles me to participate in all activities year-round Villagers get. Sifting endless list of activities, I realize my daily mantra, so much to do, so little time to do it.

The Villages is grown-up camp, college campus, adult Disney all rolled into one.

If paradise has a zip code, this must be the place.

Here are photos from today's travels.

Hope you enjoy viewing them. I sure enjoyed taking them.

Have a great evening, dear reader. Please tune in tomorrow for Day 3. See you in print.

Say goodnight Linda. Goodnight Linda.


Linda Della Donna



This is Helen. Helen hails from Red Bank, NJ. Thanks to Helen, I got my Visitor's Pass. Helen loves living in The Villages.
This is The Villages Visitor's Center.
The view from Sunset Park.
More view from Sunset Park.
Meet Putt-Putt, my little white golf cart.
Meet Pretty. Pretty says when she was born, "My grandmother couldn't think of any other name."
Meet Nicole and Ricardo from Ontario.

This little blue golf cart belongs to Corinne and Bill. They say their cart is "a work in progress." They keep adding to it.
Meet Wendy and Maurice from Ottawa, Canada. Wendy told me where to get a great pedicure. Thank you Wendy!
The Lady in Red at Nails greets me like long lost cousin. Mea Culpa, this writer forgot to write down your real name.

It's my turn for photo op with Ricardo from Ottawa. *Note, Ricardo insists I rest hand on his knee.*
Meet Donny from Nebraska. Donny is "Down here 4 years." Donny does a super pedicure.
Meet Janet from Philly, living in The Villages 2 years. Her and friend, Pat, raised $3,000 cash for Toys For Tots through Cart Club. Janet says, "We did 98% of the work. It was great for the kids."
This is Susan, from Princeton, living in The Villages six years.

Lake Sumter dance. Couple in center got married Thanksgiving Day...Just a bit more about life in The Villages.
Got lost today. Meet Bob from Bethlehem, CT. He and his wife are building a new place here in The Villages. Bob says he loves it here. Bob personally guided me to Lake Miona Rec Center. Thanks, Bob, wherever you are!
Meet Nancy. Nancy works at Lake Miona Rec Center. Great gal. Great help!. Thanks, Nancy. See you soon.
Meet Pickle Ball Players, l to r, Jill from Texas, Judie from Vermont, Bill from North Carolina, Pam from Connecticut, Pam, and Dann from Syosset, LI
Happy Villagers dancing to music of Rocky & The Rollers tonight at Lake Sumter Square.



No comments: