Pages

A Gift of Love Fan Page

Saturday, December 10, 2011

The Villages' Christmas Parade - Day 10 - That Yellow Brick Road


"Somewhere Over The Rainbow, Bluebirds fly. Birds fly Over The Rainbow. Why then, oh why can't I? If happy little bluebirds fly beyond the rainbow, why oh why can't I?"--Dorothy Gale in "The Wizard of Oz


It is Saturday. Day10 of my stay in The Villages, FL.


There is a chill in the air. I zip my jacket and head to Sumter Square for coffee and pecan braid at Panera Bread.


Juggling goodies and hot liquid, I wave at live cam situated in steeple opposite Big Clock at loved ones back home in NY.


Breakfast and wave completed, I head to Barnes and Noble to do some reading. With gray skies, I figure what else is there to do?


Feeling chilly, I step up to the counter and order a hot chocolate. Before I know it, I'm meeting a woman from New Rochelle, NY *Oh, My!* and learning there's The Christmas Parade at the Polo Grounds.


The rest is history--photo history, that is.


At The Villages, there are more than 500 clubs to join, and The Villages' Christmas Parade is where these wonderful clubs show off.


Here's today's medley of photos. Enjoy!


Until same time next time.


See you in print,


Linda Della Donna


P. S. If you like what you're seeing on my daily diary of The Villages, please "follow" this blog and "Like" me on facebook.


Stopping by the Big Clock at Sumter Square is Nancy and faithful friends, MacTavish (seated in her lap) and Dandie (gazing lovingly at her(?) Person.

These two gentle creatures are patiently waiting for their Persons to come out Panera Bread.

Meet Tara. Tara is from New Rochelle. Tara is a wealth of information about activities in The Villages and how to get to them. Thank you, Tara, for great directions to the parade.

This is Moo-Moo, my pet cow.


Somewhere in this long line of golf carts is Putt-Putt.

Lining up for the parade and posing for photos.

Get a look at the cost of a hot dog.

The VIlages African American Club

This is Gracie, miniature horse, age 12 years.

Gracie's got the tiniest feet.
Meet members of the Golf Cart Club, l-r, Paul, Pat,and Judy.

The entire Golf Cart Club

Meet Ronald from Tennessee. Ronald is a Villager 2 years.

Meet Donna from Missouri. A brand new Villager, Donna and her husband, Stu are in process of building their new home. They are here less than one week.

This is The Village of Red Ants.
The Christmas Parade begins.





























Say good night Linda. Good night Linda.

1 comment:

Gary said...

Thanks for the coverage of the Villages Christmas parade. I missed it this year but it's always great to see the golf carts parade around the polo field!

Thanks for sharing!

Gary - VillagesHomes4Rent.com!