Pages

A Gift of Love Fan Page

Friday, December 16, 2011

The Village People - Day 16 - A Friday

"Courage! What makes a king out of a slave? Courage! What makes the flag on the mast to wave? Courage! What makes the elephant charge his tusk in the misty mist, or the dusky dusk? What makes the muskrat guard his musk? Courage! What makes the sphinx the seventh wonder? Courage! What makes the dawn come up like thunder? Courage!"--Cowardly Lion

Dear Diary,

My day began with overcast skies. I dressed in golf outfit, sneakers and slipped out the door. No tap class today. No golf either. It's time to take Linda out the door for a walk. Later I get in Putt-Putt, Putt-Putt is my small white golf cart, notebook, pen, and camera tucked in purse, and head north


One of the things I like about being a writer is I get to write what I want, where I want -- I call it the gift that keeps on giving.

On my way, I stop to buy a paper at the paper stand. The Daily Sun costs two quarters and in it is all the news about The Villages. Today the paper says it offers a free mug to first purchasers of The Daily Sun newspaper at select locations around The Villages.

I'd sure like to have one of those free mugs. That mug sure would be a happy keepsake for a happy writer from a happy place she visited, something for to treasure forever and ever back in New York wishing I was back in The Villages. I'm just saying.

Here's a few photos from today. Hope you like them.


Meet new Villager, Lois Koonse, from Arizona. Lois moved into The Villages just five months ago. Lois is a widow three years.

I discovered Lois, age 89, walking Bridgeport Village. Lois tells me she makes her home with her daughter here and in addition to her daily walk to maintain her girlish figure, her favorite pastime is genealogy.

Lois is delighted to be a Villager.

Happy Holidays, Lois, to you and yours.

Thank you for taking time to chat with me this afternoon.


This cutie  golf cart belongs to The Daily Sun. I discovered it parked out front of the Arnold Palmer Golf Shop. Did you know The Daily Sun is offering a free mug and chance to win a $50 gift certificate to first purchasers of The Daily Sun at select locations.

I'd sure like to have one of those green and yellow mugs. That green and yellow mug sure would look nice on my kitchen counter. I'm just saying.

This is a snapshot of the Arnold Palmer Legends fairway. As Mr. Rogers' says, It's a beautiful day in the neighborhood.

Say goodnight Linda. Goodnight Linda.

Until this time next time, see you in print,

Linda Della Donna

Writing Quote:

"A good book is the precious life-blood of a master spirit, embalmed and treasured up on purpose to a life beyond life."--John Milton

Writing Tip:

Carry a notebook everywhere you go. Carry a fast-writing pen. Take time to write something in it every day. Haven't got time to write your inner most thoughts? Jot down topics in back of notebook for when you do. Then make an appointment with yourself to write. Go ahead. I dare you.

No comments: