Pages

A Gift of Love Fan Page

Sunday, December 25, 2011

A Very Villages Christmas - Day 25

"Where troubles melt like lemon drops, away above the chimney tops, that's where you'll find me."--Dorothy Gale


Today is Christmas. And, Oh, what a Christmas 2011 is!

From where I come from in New York, friends and family are bundling in woolen layers, cranking the heat up a notch, and checking cars for anti-freeze and dead batteries. Brrrr! It's 12 degrees up there!

I admit, this writer enjoyed reporting that here in The Villages temperatures reached a mighty warm 80 and dressed in sandals, shorts and sleeveless tee shirt, I snapped photos to remember forever how I spent the 25th day of December 2011.

Merry Christmas, Everyone!

Until this time next time.

See you in print,

Linda Della Donna


This is Chi, a Boston Terrier/Jack Russell mix.

Where I come from in New York, I'd have to go to a car show to see this dazzling classic 1940 Ford. This fine automobile belongs to Bob, from Michigan, of the Village of Sabal Chase.

I discovered this black dog waiting patiently for his owner outside StarBucks. Note the background. Quite a scene for a Christmas Day.

Christmas in Florida...A Fir tree among a row of palm trees.

A different view of Sumter Landing Christmas tree.

A passing golf cart.

Christmas outside The Villages' Visitor Center.

A convertible on Christmas.

All decked out with Teddy Bears and Holly.


Nothing like a round of golf to celebrate Santa.

Don't see this in New York, that's for sure.

A Christmas sky.

A small creature stopped by my place to wish me Merry Christmas. *Only in The Villages*
Christmas decorations under a spreading palm tree.

Typical for Christmas in Florida Villages.

Palm tree and Candy Cane tree in a nearby village.

Is that Santa waving back at me outside a Florida pink home?

Nativity scene in The Villages.
Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night.



If you like this blog, kindly show it. Leave a comment.


No comments: