Pages

A Gift of Love Fan Page

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

That Yellow Brick Road - Day 13 - A Tuesday

"Don't be silly. Scarecrows don't talk."--Dorothy


I dressed in slacks today, wore my long sleeved black cashmere, the one with six buttons on each cuff, gave a shot of heat to the place I lovingly refer to as home this merry month of December, but by noon, sun sparkled bright, and I was wishing for shorts and tank top, temperature had jumped 20 degrees.

After cup of morning coffee and phone call with family back in NY, I turned the key in Putt-Putt, Putt-Putt is my small white golf cart, and backed out the garage, remembering this time to shut the door behind me. Imagine. I forgot to close the door yesterday.

In The Villages, it's easy to lose track of time and forget to shut the garage door.

I drove Morse Boulevard to Chula Vista Recreation Center to attend a memoir writers meeting at ten.

After that, I headed back to Sumter Square for meetup with good buddy, Gail, and do our girlfriend thing. Gail is from Wisconsin, and we met in September, my first trip to The Villages. We get along well, and less than two weeks into my two month stay, I miss her already. It is precious reward at this stage in my life to have a girlfriend. Here in The Villages, it is not unusual to meet, make a new friend and in a short time feel a life-long connection.

As Martha Stewart says, "It's a good thing."

It was Market Night at Sumter this evening, and of course, there was a live band.

The Villages provides free live entertainment every night at both squares. At 6 p.m., I wandered over in Putt-Putt, waved into the live cam overlooking the Big Clock at grandson H, and granddaughter Z, and proceeded to dance the night away.

It wasn't long before a group of my new friends from all over the country were seated beside me helping turn my upside down smile (from tears of homesickness) right side up again with laughter and conversation.

Here in The Villages strangers hug me when I least expect it, and always when I need it most. If Paradise has a zip code, then this must be the place.

It's time, dear diary, to post some photos. Hope you enjoy viewing them as much as I enjoyed snapping them.

Until this time next time.

See you in print,

Linda Della Donna
I'd appreciate it if you would ask for my book, "The Gift of Love, A Widow's Memoir," at B&N and Amazon.

On my way to Chula Vista, I stopped to snap a photo of a home decorated for the Holidays.

Tonight was Market Night at Sumter Square. from Purses and Golf Hats, to Soaps and Sweatshirts, something for everyone.

Meet Kirk. Kirk makes and sells his hand made "Crushable Hats."

Typical of this very active adult community are these two ladies dancing hard.

LaVerne and Art dancing with Misty.

My evening wouldn't be complete without a stop for a chocolate malt at Johnny Rockets.

Johnny Rockets' wait staff, Tiffany and Brianna.
Say goodnight Linda. Goodnight Linda.

No comments: