Pages

A Gift of Love Fan Page

Thursday, December 15, 2011

SweetBay - Day 15

"Unusual weather we're having, ain't it?"--Cowardly Lion


Swiss Miss
Grapefruit
Maple Syrup
Jug of Diet Iced Tea
Laundry Detergent
1 Potato
Hair Dye
Box of Milk Duds


I got  my grocery list. I got my purse. I got keys to Putt-Putt. Putt-Putt is my small white golf cart. I exit the garage and in a short while I am at SweetBay stocking up on items for my stay in The Villages.

The sky is exceptionally blue. The air is clean and fresh. And despite buffalo clouds sweeping that teal blue yonder, weatherman promises temps to climb to 80 degrees. Today, I decide, is my time to sit poolside and write, read and do nothing. Absolutely nothing.


Here are today's photos.

Enjoy!

This is SweetBay. SweetBay is a grocery store, card store, drug store. It's an Everything Store. I love it because it's on a corner and I can walk to it.

This is a US Mail truck. It is the traveling post office and is at SweetBay every day.
Meet Tiffany from Gator's Restaurant at Sumter Square. Great lady! Thank you, Tiffany, for being so nice.

It's 3 p.m. Time for late lunch. Drinks are two for one here in The Villages. And Happy Hour starts at 3 p.m. Could this be the reason all those people are smiling back at me....Hmmmm.

I couldn't resist taking this photo.

Say goodnight Linda. Goodnight Linda.

Until this time next time. See you in print.

Linda Della Donna

Writing Tip:

Be specific. Write from your heart. Sit before the blank page, set a clock timer, and write like the wind. Do not delete, do not backspace, do not edit. YOU got permission. Remember?

Writing Quote:

"Books are standing counselors and preachers, always at hand, but disinterested; having this advantage over oral instructors, that they're ready to repeat their lesson as often as we please."--Talbot Wilson Chambers

No comments: