Pages

A Gift of Love Fan Page

Saturday, December 3, 2011

Santa Claus Hugs Linda Della Donna In The Villages - Day 3

"It's not about what's over the rainbow; it's the yellow brick road, the people we meet, and the friends we make along the way."--Linda Della Donna, from her book, A Gift of Love, A Widow's Memoir




It is 7:30 a.m. and I am late for my stand-and-wave appointment at the clock in Sumter Square.

I scribble words on an 8 1/2" x 10" sheet of art paper and dash out the door.

I don't walk, not this morning. I think out loud there isn't time.

I get in Putt-Putt, Putt-Putt is my little white golf cart, and drive to Star Bucks, pull into a diagonal parking space across the street from Star Bucks, and in a short while I am standing clock right holding my home made sign staring at the live cam in the sky:

"I HEART NY"

I flash that sign once.

Twice.

Three times.

I wave. I wave. I wave.

If anyone back home is watching, I  have no idea. But the whole time I'm thinking about my dear departed mother. Today would have been her 86th birthday.

Happy Birthday Grace Yvonne Siciliano Della Donna!

I toss the sign in back of Putt-Putt and head back to my cozy villa. Got BIG plans today.

Gail says be ready at noon. I forgot my dress. Gail says not to worry. She says she'll take me shopping. She promises she won't forget me. And, she didn't.

Yippee, Gail!


Here's today's photos. Hope you enjoy viewing them, as much as I enjoyed snapping them.

Thanks for stopping by. Time to say goodnight.

See you in print,

Linda Della Donna


That's my friend, Gail, on the left. That's Jeanne on the right from Village Golf Liquidators. Gail wants a set of golf clubs, so we make a stop to check out a set. Jeanne and Owner Michael Kaufman tell me not to worry if I want a set, too. They ship clubs.

Shopping in Kohl's. Imagine, 50% off.

Spanish Springs

More Spanish Springs

This is my favorite shot!

Facing Live Cam at Spanish Springs

This is the Fountain of Youth. No, you can't swim in it. I asked.

Katie Belle's Saloon

More Spanish Square

One of Two Villages Radio Station

McColl's

Here's the bowling Alley

These carts are everywhere.

New York Pizza

Another golf cart

Dunkin' Donuts

Line dancing tonight at Spanish Square.

Mr. & Mrs. Santa Claus and Yours truly at Cane Gardens having dinner. Happy Holidays!

No comments: