Pages

A Gift of Love Fan Page

Sunday, December 11, 2011

Lions, And Tigers, And Bears -- Day 11

"You are talking to a man who has laughed in the face of death, sneered at doom and chuckled at catastrophe. I was petrified."--The Wizard of Oz


It is Day 11, a Sunday, and already after 9 p.m.

I slept late, sipped coffee, spent time reading the newspapers. "New York Times," and "The Villages Daily Sun." After that, I headed to Katie Belle's in Spanish Springs, driving Putt-Putt down Morse Blvd.

Katie Belle's serves breakfast brunch, resident pass required, for $6.99. Imagine.

Seated at a table for one, with view of burning yule log movie, I dined on a healthy helping of scrambled eggs, tiny pork sausages, a slab of French toast topped in warm cherries, crisp bacon, fried chicken and biscuits, washed down with cup of coffee and glass of grapefruit juice. Oops, did I remember to mention bread pudding?

A walk across the street to Spanish Springs Square, I note artists selling their art work.

I spent time at the pool. Had the entire pool to myself. It was so delightful I hated to leave.

Dear diary, it's been a long day and I'm tired. From what? I have no idea. I mean how taxing is driving a golf cart and tipping a glass of Chardonnay?

Here's today's photo assignment. Hope you enjoy viewing them, as much as I have enjoyed snapping them.

Until this time next time.

See you in print,

Linda Della Donna

The beginning of my day. Ahhh, Home Sweet Home. Isn't it just the cutest thing you ever did see?

This is Katie Belle's. Note the "Movie" burning yule log. The Villages doesn't miss a thing. And Christmas Carols are playing.

My precious Ruby Slippers.

Breakfast is done.

Bright sun. Art in the park. What more can a gal from NY ask for?

Always something interesting going on in Spanish Springs Square.
Meet Charles. Charles is from Long Island and lives in the Villages 9 years. I love his art work. Especially, No. 8, the locomotive. Amazing detail!

Also an author, Charles wrote, "The Senior Golf'ers Guide to Lower Scores." In addition to selling his paintings, Charles does book signings. His book sells for $5. Be sure to catch him at Spanish Square.

This is the pool I visited to today. I had the whole place to myself. So what is not to like?

The pool from outside the gate.

The Lighthouse Restaurant

Meet Jeremy and Misty, Bar Tenders at City Fire at Sumter Square.

Say good night Linda. Good night Linda.

No comments: