Pages

A Gift of Love Fan Page

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

The Girl With The Dane Tattoo--Day 28

"All the world's a stage,
And all the men and women merely players;
They have their exits and their entrances,
And one man in his time plays many parts,
His acts being seven ages."--Shakespeare


Dear Diary,

It is a chilly morning today in The Villages. The temperature is 39 degrees.

Good news, temperature is rising.

As I type this post, I scour a half-packed suitcase for pair of jeans and sweater, and boost the heat in my charming villa, the place I lovingly call home the past 28 days.

In awhile, I will brew a pot of coffee, cut and section a fresh Florida grapefruit, and pour a bowl of Special K. After that, it's out the door, driving Putt-Putt, Putt-Putt is my small white golf cart, in search of adventure.

This week is fast coming to an end.

With that comes end of lease for this cozy villa, close of old year, 2011, start of new year, 2012, and new rental lease in different property for month of January.

In anticipation and preparation, I pack. It is an arduous task and not without challenge. I liken it to bundling ten pounds of stuff in a five pound sack.

It's not my fault. Bass had a shoe sale; Izod had a golf outfit sale, and Kohl's, well that store did a 50% off thing plus a friendly stranger waiting in line with me, slipped me an extra 20% coupon.

Here are photos of my day. Enjoy!

Until this time next time.

See you in print,

Linda Della Donna
"...And sometime when I wasn't looking, I got a new life."


Ten pounds of "stuff," and a five pound sack.


A pretty courtyard in Spanish Springs.

Magarita Republic serves my favorite--coconut shrimp, French fries, and coleslaw, $15.

Meet Michele Grutzius, The girl with the "Dane" tattoo. Dane is Michele's eight year old son. His image and name is tattooed on her neck. Michele is friendliest waitress at Margarita Republic in Spanish Springs. Originally from Indiana, Michele, newly married, lives in Florida more than ten years.

This is Michele's right arm.

More body art on Michele. Great legs, Michele. Great tattoos. I'm just saying.

Margarita Republic.

Two reserved seats at Spanish Springs for tonight's show.

A view of Spanish Springs Fountain of Youth.

Statue honoring Villages Founder, Harold Schwartz.

It's a beautiful day in Spanish Springs.

Old Glory peeking Spanish moss.

This is a favorite place of mine, a comfy pumpkin sized cushion the color of rust on a white wicker settee on the Sumter Square Visitors' Center veranda. 

Tonight's entertainment at Sumter Square, Kathleen Kane & Willie Rast Duo.

My evening wouldn't be complete without a stop at Johnny Rockets for a hot chocolate with hot fudge Sundae. Imagine. Under five bucks.

My reward for snapping all these photos. :)

A few of the wait staff at Johnny Rockets. Thanks to Brittany, Jack, Brianna, Chelsey, Tina, Tiffany, Janye, Jesus, Able, Ivan, Juan, Juan, Jacqueline, Elizabeth, Edwin, Sadie, Richard and Cindy. You didn't have to be so nice. But I am so glad you are.




Writing Quote:

"By necessity, by proclivity, and by delight, we all quote."--Ralph Waldo Emerson

Writing Tip:

Write what you are most passionate about. Write with all your heart. Tell your story. Write about what matters to you.




No comments: