Pages

A Gift of Love Fan Page

Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Day 7 - Follow the Yellow Brick Road

"A place where there isn't any trouble. Do you suppose there is such a place, Toto? There must be. It's not a place you can get to by a boat or a train. It's far, far away. Behind the moon, beyond the rain.."--Dorothy from The Wizard of Oz

 It's just another day in paradise, and I have tapped my feet out--Morning class at Saddlewood Recreation Center with Linda Bitterly and afternoon tap class with Patti Weir at Colony Cottage Recreation Center.

What started out as sunny 80 degrees, plunged to 50 degrees by 4 p.m.

It will be 28 tonight!

After spending time getting lost in Putt-Putt, Putt-Putt is my small white golf cart, and waving hello at live cam in Sumter Square, I head to Red Sauce for Happy Hour.

Happy Hour in The villages begins at 3 p.m.

Glass of chardonnay, spicy pork slider and side of cheese Parmesan coated fries set before me, I raise a glass and toast cold air.

Swear to mini alligators, it feels like snow.

My day begins with drive in Putt-Putt to Saddlebrook Recreation Center

Tap Class *a.m.*

Meet Linda Bitterly, my Wednesday a.m. Tap Teacher

This is the Saddlebbrook Country Club Golf Course. There are 504 holes in The Villages to play golf on. The Villages is 2nd largest golf course in the world.

Meet Fred from Mallory Recreation Center. I got lost today. Yes, I got lost again. Fred came to the rescue and guided me to the correct golf path. Thank you, Fred, wherever you are!

This is the Colony Recreation Center


Widows and Widowers Group met today. L-R, Barb,  Jo, and Susan, all widows, just like me.

Resting up after afternoon tap class with tap teacher, Patti Weir. Meet Bonnie and Susan, my tap classmates.

Happy Hour at Red Sauce reviewing my map with glass of chardonnay.

That's Josh's back serving Happy Villager customers

Among the Happy Hour crowd is Ed to your far right. Ed says there are more than 500 clubs in The Villages.

Time to call it a day. Until this time next time, See you in print.


No comments: