Pages

A Gift of Love Fan Page

Monday, November 21, 2011

Quotes - A Few of My Favorites


Today is a busy day for me. I am busy working an essay for a writing contest which is fast become a novel.

But, that's a write for another day.

Today's blog post is a smattering of quotes especially for writers.

Happy Writing!

"In every man's writings, the character of the writer must lie recorded."-Thomas Carlyle

"I think of a writer as a river: you reflect what passes before you."-Natalia Ginzburg

"What a heavy oar the pen is, and what a strong current ideas are to row in!"--D. H. Lawrence

"Fiction is a lie, and good fiction is the truth inside the lie."--Stephen King

"Essays are not arranged by plot, but by anxieties. They don't wonder, 'What next?' Instead, like a worried parent they ask, 'Now what?' with a groan."--Steven Harvey

"Poetry must be new as foam, and as old as the rock."--Ralph Waldo Emerson

"Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that."--Mark Twain

"Oh! It's a real horse's ass business."--John Steinbeck

"Nobody ever committed suicide while reading a good book but many have tried while trying to write one."--Robert Byrne


See you in print,

Linda Della Donna
"Be kind to widows. We got friends in high places."

2 comments:

Rimly said...

Those were some real nice quotes Linda. All the best with your writing.

http://rimlybezbaruah.blogspot.com/2011/11/alone-no-more.html

Jan said...

I love these, although I don't consider myself a writer I find them humorous and thoughtful all at once.