Pages

A Gift of Love Fan Page

Friday, October 28, 2011

Writing Practice, Poscoodle, and Writing Prompt

"Sometimes, when its going badly, she wonders if what she believes to be a love of the written word is really a fetish for stationery. The true writer, the born writer will scribble words on scraps of litter, the back of a bus ticket, on the wall of a cell."--David Nicholls


There is sunshine in NY today. After a day of freezing rain, clear skies the color of teal blanket the landscape. Weatherman predicts snow.

Snow in October.

Imagine.

So, what is the big deal?

Same snow as January, right? Just early, right?

Time to button the overcoat, scarf the neck, and dig out the snow shovel.

And what has the above got to do with writing?

*thought you would never ask.*

Nothing.

Everything.

It is part of the writing process. Mine.

It is the art of spending ten-fifteen minutes daily to simply sit quiet and write write write.

When doing writing practice, I never know what magic will pop out the landscape of my creative head. Or, what tool I may invent to place in my writing tool box for future reference to inspire, motivate and remind me that I just got to write a lot of crap before I get to the good stuff.

Today I plan to polish an essay for a writing contest I wish to enter; I plan to scribble in my notebook; I plan to doodle on a clean white pad. I call it my plan to poscoodle

What about you? What is your plan today?

Writing Prompt:

Have pen, will _________.

Writing Tip:

Create a writing plan. Dedicate ten-fifteen minutes daily to your writing practice. Give yourself permission to write the worst s**t in the Universe. And, just do it.

So, what are you waiting for?

Go ahead.

I dare you.

See you in print,

Linda Della Donna


This is how I started my day today:

2 comments:

Leah Griffith said...

Whenever I write I always start off with wild mind writing. This is to throw the editor off guard; toss him some nonsense to chew on. Meanwhile, after about five minutes of this, I start to find words and topics. Things flow and create a thing. Oftentimes a nice thing. I learned this technique from Natalie Goldberg. She's a fricken genius. LOL!!
I'm up in MA from Florida and I'm suppose to fly out tomorrow...I don't think so. Perhaps I need to write about snow;)
Peace!
Leah

Cerebrations.biz said...

When I hear see you in print, it connotes negative press stories.
So, I hope to read what you write- and avoid the Madoff stories:-)