Pages

A Gift of Love Fan Page

Sunday, September 25, 2011

Michael Jackson and Writing

Photo compliments of Jon Spence


"...A B C Easy as 1 2 3"--Michael Jackson


 Pssst. Yes, you, over there. There is something I want to tell you.

I've been putting off writing.

I have made a million and one excuses why I shouldn't write; I've told myself things like give it up, you'll never make it, but I'm back. It's hard reeling all those flying monkeys back in after they get loose. I'm just saying.


Now comes the task of putting pen to paper.

For me to make this  happen, I must s-l-o-w down my thought processes. When I haven't written for awhile, I'm like some speeding Edsel rounding a bend in the road. I need to tap the brakes.

I practice s-l-o-w eating; s-l-o-w dish washing. I brush my teeth and wash my face s-l-o-w.

I turn my brain to the s-l-o-w setting.

After that, it's stick butt in chair, put pen to paper and write something. As Michael Jackson says, "ABC, easy as 123."

How about you? What methods get your creative juices flowing?


Writing Quote:

"Inherent in every intention and desire is the mechanics for its fulfillment...intention and desire in the field of pure potentiality have infinite organizing power. And when we introduce an intention in the fertile ground of pure potentiality, we put this infinite organizing power to work for us."--Deepak Chopra


Writing Tip:

"There isn't a writer who gets an editor to consider his work or, better yet, a real live publishing contract from a press, who doesn't fantasize that his work might take the world by storm."--Betsy Lerner

2 comments:

Sharyn Dimmick said...

The way to get creative is to practice your art on a daily basis whether you feel like it or not: that way when inspiration comes it knows where to find you, sitting in your chair at your easel or guitar or computer and doesn't pass you by for someone else who is ready.

If I need to trick myself into working, I will listen to music -- not practice, just listen, because listening will make me want to practice.

Tameka said...

I agree with Sharyn. If you write something everyday, no matter if it's a sentence or a paragraph you will stay in a zone.

We all need a break sometimes though so think of it as a time to regroup and refresh instead of a block.

I keep notebooks in my purse and around my apt so I can jot down ideas. Music also helps to spark my creativity. Sometimes writing a Facebook status or Twitter post will do it as well.

A writer is always writing. Our brains never turn off! LOL! So it's just about getting it on the page or screen.

Blessings Linda!

http://lyricfire.typepad.com/lyric-fire/2011/09/lyric-fire-look-at-my-fabulous-life-episode-6-.html